THE HOWARD MEMORIAL TRUST
Did you know that West Horndon has its own charitable fund? It was founded in 1978 by the Howard family, whose business traded for many years in West Horndon. The purpose of the Trust is to provide small loans or grants for social, cultural, educational or recreational purposes.
As long as you are a resident or group based in West Horndon you are welcome to apply. As an individual you may need help with the cost of a school trip or training course. Your local group may be planning an event or to buy some new equipment. Do you have an idea for a new group? The Howard Memorial Trust can help with set up costs.
Below are some examples of how the trust has supported local groups or individuals:
· A grant to West Horndon School Parents’ Association towards the cost of an Automated External Defibrillator.
· A grant towards the West Horndon Jubilee celebrations
· Help towards the cost of replacing a stolen laptop used for community groups.
· A grant to two students towards the cost of World Challenges in Ecuador and Kenya
· Support for the purchase of an electric lawn rake for the Horticultural Society
· New uniform neck scarves for the Brownies and Guides
· A grant towards the cost of outfits for the West Horndon Twirlers
As you can see the range of groups and activities the Trust agrees to support is wide ranging.
There are two application windows:
1st February to 31st March – Decisions are made in April
1st July to 31st August – Decisions are made in October
For an application form contact the Trust Administrator:
Mr. Kim Harding, 27 Cadogan Avenue, West Horndon, Brentwood, Essex, CM13 3TU
Tel – 07722 843249 e-mail – email@example.com
Or look on our website www.westhorndonparishcouncil.org.uk
THE TRUST IS ALWAYS LOOKING FOR WAYS TO BOOST ITS FUNDS IN ORDER TO HELP MORE LOCAL PEOPLE.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE A DONATION OR HOLD A FUNDRAISING EVENT?
DONORS WILL BE PUBLICISED IN THE PARISH NEWSLETTER.